HUESOS DE SANTO. RECIPE
· Ingredients for the marzipan
· 130 gr. grind almond.
· 70 gr. sugar.
· 35 ml water.
· Ingredients for the filling
· 4 egg yolk
· 100 gr. sugar
· 50 ml water
· Ingredients for the covering
· 100 gr powdered sugar.
· 30 ml water.
- Mix the water and the sugar in a pan to boil and make the syrup
- Remove from the fire when it boils.
- Place the almond in a bowl and add the syrup little by little in order to
form a paste.
- Once the paste is made, let it get cold. It has to be a little sticky but
- Make a flat sheet with a rolling pin
- Cut the sheet into pieces ( 7cm x 5 cm sized)
- Dredge with powdered sugar.
- Make rollers with the pieces
- Leave it to dry for 2 or 3 hours
- Place the water and the sugar together to boil and do the syrup.
- When started to boil, remove from fire.
- Separate the yolks from the whites
- Beat the yolks
- Add the syrup to the yolks little by little.
- Put the yolks under water bath so that they get thicker.
- After 20-25 minutes, the yolks will be thicker and the cream will be
- Fill the rollers with the filling using a pastry bag.
- When all the rollers are filled, let them dry.
- In the meanwhile, we are going to prepare the glacé, so we mix the
water and the sugar till there are no lumps.
- Finally, we are going to bath the rollers with the glacé and let them dry,
if possible, on a grate.